Beginning January 1, 2018
Save-A-Life-CPR, proudly utilizes American Heart Association eCards for provider certification in all Heartsaver and BLS classes. eCards allow our staff instructors to rapidly deliver certifications to program participants immediately following their training.
What is an eCard?
An eCard is the electronic equivalent of a printed course completion card and can be provided to students as proof of their certification. The new eCards are valid course completion cards and can be presented to employers as proof of successful completion of an AHA course.
Can I receive the regular paper version?
No, the American Heart Association is switching over to the more secure version, so it is not possible to receive the out-dated paper cards. However, you can print out your eCard.
Why is the AHA now offering eCards?
The eCards have been designed based on many years of insight from the AHA Training Network and they are more secure than printed cards. Regular printed cards can result in security risks and counterfeit cards. The new eCards make the job of issuing course completion cards simple and secure, helping to mitigate risks that can accompany issuance of paper cards.
What are the benefits of using the new eCards
- Higher security and reduced risk of fraudulent cards.
- Environmentally friendly – Students can easily forward their card to a supervisor by email.
- Ability to validate an eCard through the AHA website.
- Students will receive their card in 1 business day or sooner.
I did not receive my eCard. What should I do?
- Check your email or spam folder for an email from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the directions to view your card.
- If still cannot view, email us at email@example.com.
How can a supervisor validate the validity of an eCard?
For details about the eCards, please fill out our contact form, send us an email and we will get back with you within 24 hrs.